A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Mendel is a science creativity sandbox. Pilot a probe on a far away planet, gathering samples from the weird native flowers and breeding them together to make new hybrids. Watch their genes merge and mutate, just like those of our own world, producing strange new creations to grow in your alien gardens.
- Grow your own Proteus. No goals. No objectives. No pressure. Just a peaceful sandbox in which to experiment, create, and relax.
- Tens of thousands of possible surreal plants.
- Watch your plants change and mutate as their genes combine and rearrange, just like those or our own world.
- Inspired by science! Mendel is the first game to receive the Alfred P Sloan Foundation Public Understanding prize, because they recognized a commitment to showing how beautiful the world of genetics is.
"It was kind of like bubble wrap. You really get into it and can’t stop planting and trying to make them do things."
-Natalie Lawhead, creator of Tetrageddon and Everything Is Going To Be Ok
"Mendel is a beautiful game of digital exploration, inviting experimentation, reflection and calm."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
All music in the game, as well as its trailers, is the creation of the wonderful Chris Zabriskie, licensed via Creative Commons
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files: